Monday, September 17, 2012

RIDE the block!

Blessed... fortunate.... these are words I think of on a pretty regular basis.  This weekend has been no exception.  Saturday I had the opportunity to hang out with an old friend as well as some new friends and I was reminded of how nice it is to have people feel comfortable just hanging out in your "space." 

So today I was hanging out with another buddy when it hits me that we seriously look at the world from a different perspective than most people.  We both realize there is greatness all around us that most people just don't see.   It seems to me that this societal blindness has very little to do with greatness and more to do with self-absorption.  I think most folks are just not secure enough in themselves to let their guard down and be open to all of the things around them.  Often times people just want [something]... the end.  They have no idea what it takes nor are they willing to put forth the effort to find out what it takes to achieve or attain the thing they desire.

I look for people that aren't looking to get or take something or even better yet, people that offer something of themselves without asking or expecting something in return.  Those folks have my full attention.  It's a good thing there aren't many of them... because I'm not very bright and would have a hard time keeping track if there were bunches of sharp folks.  lol... No Worries...right?

Seriously though... I do feel blessed.  In the last 48 hours I was able to help a friend with his car, help share culture with something as simple as a bicycle and take a beautiful exotic lady for a ride in my sidecar resulting in another friendship that seems as old and genuine as any I have known.   Too bad she doesn't have a uber-cool twin sister.  Apparently, I need to go to Uruguay.  lol... It's probably just as well... Oh well.  

So no long ride this weekend, no new scenery but still an adventure around every corner even if it was literally within a block of my home.  --jp


No comments:

Post a Comment